Chapters

Monday, August 16, 2010

$40 for a free dinner.

Per usual, the family was going over to my parent's house for an early Sunday dinner. We generally have Calvin in tow as he likes to play with my parent's German Shepherd and it wears him out enough that he sleeps the remainder of the night; rather than standing at his post at the backdoor barking like a lunatic at a garbage can (or something equally ridiculous).

Husband put Calv in the car while I was inside grabbing the crazy amount of baby gear necessary to survive being out of the house for three hours. To free up a hand, I placed my purse (and car keys) on the front seat so I could get Reese in the car. I no sooner shut the door when...

...Calvin locked me out.

::Did I mention my spare set of keys were in my purse too?::

So after ear muffing the babe and shouting a seemingly endless string of expletives at the dog, Husband began his plan of attack to get into the car. We tried using the laser pointer and treats to get Calv to step on the button again...but no luck. It was time to break in.

After prying the door open enough to get a coat hanger, a fishing pole, and a piece of PVC pipe through it we came to a conclusion:

My car has a neat little security feature that disables the "unlock" button in the event someone tries to pry the door open and steal my ride. Awesome.

Since Calv had officially been locked in the car for about an hour and a half, we gave up and called the tow company. Thank god for nice people who answered the phone on a Sunday afternoon and were literally at our door in less than 10 minutes. Fifteen minutes and $40 later we were on our way to dinner.

Calv sits on my lap in the car; he UNLOCKED the car at least four times within the 10 minute drive to my parent's place. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment